Open Positions: Research and Teaching Assistants
Open Positions as Research Research and Teaching Assistant (m/f/x) - Apply now!
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU) is one of the most renowned and largest universities in
Germany. LMU School of Management is a leading faculty of business research and teaching. The Institute
for Accounting and Control (Prof. Dr. Christian Hofmann) is part of LMU’s Accounting Cluster.
We are excited to be part of the trans-regional Collaborative Research Center (CRC) 266 “Accounting for Transparency” funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft – DFG). As a team of more than 80 senior and junior researchers, we conduct a broad and ambitious research program into the determinants and consequences of corporate transparency in markets and society.
We invite you to join the team! At the LMU Munich’s downtown campus, starting from October 17, 2022,
(or later) we have the following open position, limited to 2/3 years, with the option of an extension:
Research and Teaching Assistant (m/f/x; junior researcher; 75%)
You will contribute to a new research field at the Accounting Cluster exploring sustainability reporting and management. The research field is jointly developed by the Institute for Accounting and Control and the Institute for Accounting, Auditing and Analysis. In particular, we will explore how firms respond to new sustainability-related disclosure regulations in terms of their disclosure behavior and management control. As part of the network, you will be building your research portfolio and working towards high-impact publications. Your salary will be based on the TV-L scheme (TV-L 13 75% position).
Your Team at LMU
We are a highly motivated team conducting research on sustainability, incentives, and control problems within firms. To analyze our research questions we apply analytical approaches relying on agency theory as well as empirical approaches, including archival work, field studies, and surveys. We set high standards for ourselves in research as well as in teaching: We intend to present our research on international conferences and workshops and publish our papers in leading scientific journals in order to advance our knowledge in research and practice. In our lectures, we aim at inspiring our students for our subject and provide them with the best education for their future professional objectives. Your employment offers you the opportunity to work on a broad range of topics and methodologies, which optimally prepares you for a scientific career.
- You conduct research at the highest level, which is strongly interrelated with the research fields of the Institute. You will have the opportunity to study towards a PhD. To obtain a doctorate degree from LMU Munich School of Management you need to complete Master of Business Research (MBR) and submit your doctoral dissertation. During your time at the Institute, you cooperate with Professor Hofmann and the Institute team.
- You present your research on international conferences and workshops.
- You are responsible for 3.75 teaching hours per week.
- You have an interest in the research fields of the Institute.
- You have very good English language skills.
- You have the ability to work in a team, an independent way of working, and a high level of commitment.
- You are looking forward to a collaboration in a creative environment.
- You have an excellent Master degree in Business Economics or Economics.
Being employed at our Institute provides you with an interesting and responsible work including excellent
training and development opportunities. We are strongly connected with practice via joint research projects
as well as lectures. The Institute is an active part of the Accounting Cluster ACT@LMU.
Your workplace is centrally located in Munich (LMU main campus) and is very easy to reach with public
transport. For further information on our institute please have a look at our homepage.
Have we inspired your interest?
Please send your application documents (one-page letter of motivation, CV, Bachelor’s and/or Master’s diploma, and transcripts of records) in electronic form (pdf document) with the subject “Application Research Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org. For details please refer to the detailed job profiles below.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Hoa Ho, Dr. Nina Schwaiger, or Prof. Dr. Christian Hofmann.
Severely handicapped applicants will be preferred if they are otherwise of equal suitability. There is the possibility of part-time employment. The application of women is welcome.
In the context of your application, you transmit personal data. Please hereby note our data protection notices. By transmitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of these.
- Stellenanzeige_RA_220726_LS (120 KByte)
- Stellenanzeige_RA_220726_Alumni (123 KByte)